The Picture Swap Step is a very useful step to add another layer of interactivity on top of your regular Hotspot Step. It allows you to show an image that overlays the background image when you hover over different parts of the screen.
Some uses for the Picture Swap Step:
- Show a wide angle of a scene, piece of equipment, screenshot of software etc. then as the learner hovers over certain parts of that image, a close up image appears with a small description allowing the learner to learn more.
- To reveal a hidden element of the background image when the user hovers over a certain part of the image.
Learn how to create your first Picture Swap Step here! Be sure to check out the Tech Tips videos on creating, or scroll down to see a written version.
Video 1 of 3
Video 2 of 3
Video 3 of 3
Written instructions to create a Picture Swap Step
1. Give your Picture Swap Step a name so that you can can distinguish the step in editor mode. This step name is not displayed to the learner - only for your reference. You must have a step name before you can add the step.
2. Choose your "Main Image". This background image will display at all times when swap images are activated or not.
3. Add your swap images. These are the images that will show when you hover over different swap areas on the background image.